Steps to the followed in wall preparation:
1) Plaster the wall with cement
2) Apply oil primer - Do not use water based primer. Only Oil primer should be used.
3) Apply wall putty to smoothen the wall surface. The smoother the wall, the better the finish.
4) Apply oil primer
We do not provide painter to prepare the wall. The client has to arrange for wall preparation before the wallpaper installation.
1) Ladder for normal height, scafolding for double height, 2 bucket and old newspaper has to be provided by the client at site for the installer
2) Wallpaper can be used on wall, ceiling or ply. However the surface has to be prepared.
3) Installation on ply may not last very long as the ply may expand, contract or warp over time. In case of plywood, the joint has to be covered with metal paste and coat with wood primer. Do not use POP or chalk powder on plywood
4) Any wall with concealed water pipe has to be avoided. Similarly wall facing the exterior or where there is a chance of rain water seepage has to be avoided. If there is moisture in the wall, wallpaper does not last even for a short time.
5) Wallpaper cannot be installed on distemper painted wall.
6) Installers have to be scheduled to work in advance. Need 2-4 days advance notice for scheduling installers.
Most of the wallpaper comes with vinyl coating (Please confirm at the time of purchase). Normal stains and dust can be wiped with a wet sponge. Do not pour water on the wallpaper. However, the vinyl coating is only microns in thickness. Forceful wiping and sharp objects can peel the wallpaper.
When the wallpaper is removed from the wall, the wall has to be prepared again before installing new wallpaper or applying paint.
Wall paper is delivered & billed in rolls. Each roll ranges from 58 sqft to 72 sqft. The required sqft will be rounded off to the next higher number of rolls.