Maintenance plays a key role in getting the full benefits from a good mattress. Following are a few things to be taken care.
1) Avoid spilling water on the mattress. Use Mattress Protector - If there is a change of water spillage or if kids sleep in the mattress, use mattress protector. It functions is at least two ways. One is to stop water from entering into the mattress. Secondly, it prevents the dust mites from coming in contact with the body.
2) Do not use the mattress for ironing clothes. It will damage the quilted cloth stitched on the mattress. It will also spoil the internal material used in the mattress. Warranty does not cover such damages.
3) If the mattress is double sided, Change the sides the mattress as per the instruction to distribute the wear evenly.
4) Don't sit at the edge of the mattress. Never fold or bend the mattress.
5) Rotate the mattress on regular intervals to distribute wear due to body-weight.
6) Get the right size mattress for your cot. Do not get a mattress that is larger than the cot. Avoid using a one-piece mattress on a 2-piece cot and vice-versa.
7) Replace the mattress promply when there is sagging of the mattress. Sleeping on a sag-mattress may cause back-ache.